Business Development Officer – We are in search of a Business Development Officer (BDO) to service the Dallas/Fort Worth and Texas market.
Business Degree with emphasis in accounting, finance, marketing, or other related fields as well as 3-years of previous commercial lending experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and related computer applications is also required.
The Business Development Officer is responsible for developing and maintaining their pipeline of prospective loans in process. The incumbent will work with SBA and private-sector lender application to provide financing to small businesses through the CDC/504 Loan Program, which provides growing businesses with long-term, fixed-rate financing for major fixed assets, such as land, buildings, and equipment.
- Develops strategies to originate SBA 504 loans and other related loan products in the marketplace.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of the SBA 504 SOP manual.
- Calls on and develops a referral network with existing customers, commercial real estate brokers, business brokers, business/professional associations, accountants, lawyers, etc. to solicit SBA 504 loan opportunities.
- Structures SBA 504 loan proposals in accordance with SBA’s eligibility requirements, completes initial underwriting and assist in preparing/acquiring financial credit package documentation.
- Responsible for the success and growth of the incumbent’s annual new loan target.
- Responsible for the sales lifecycle, including lead generation and sourcing, SOP structure, knowledge and financial analysis.
The prospective candidates must be a self-starter, motivative individual and possess the ability to effectively communicate orally as well as written with private-sector lenders and business owners. Candidates will adhere to and support the CDC’s focus on building quality customer relationships. As always, our goal is to promote economic growth by helping business owners purchase long term assets with fixed rate financing.
Salary and Benefits Plan:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Lucrative incentive, based on tiered production levels
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Employer paid health care program
- Paid vacation and holiday leave